To Our New Students
We’re thrilled that you’re here, and we want to help you get used to finding information and conducting research in an academic library. Don’t assume that locating and using library materials in a sophisticated manner is quick or easy. Do assume that library staff is always available to help you!
Here are some of the ways we can help you. Take a look!
- Take the Self Guided Walking Tour of the Library. Pick up your copy at the Circulation Desk.
- When the going gets tough, talk to a librarian! The reference desk is open 68 hours a week.
- Make an appointment to talk with a librarian/subject specialist, who can give you advice on your research topic.
- Become familiar with general information about the library:
- Learn about Link+, a consortium that gives you quick access to the books of over 45 other libraries.
- Find out how to connect to CSUEB databases from off-campus.
- See a title list of our databases, including many with full-text of articles printable from the computer.
- Check out library hours and phone numbers.
- The Learning Commons offers expert information technology support and access to a wealth of information resources and computers in LI 2005. Check out the locations and hours of all computer labs on campus.
- Group study rooms are available on the Upper Mall level of the Library. See the intlink id=”115″ type=”page”]floor plan[/intlink] for their location.