SI Leader Responsibilities:
- Participate in an intensive SCAA orientation and SI training at the beginning of the quarter
- Attend weekly SI leader meetings and participate in ongoing training activities throughout
- Commit to approximately 10 hours per week by attending all course lectures, creating and
submitting a lesson plan for an SI session consisting of collaborative and interactive learning activities, conducting at least (1) one hour SI session during the week, and meeting with the professor of the course to help incorporate student strategies to enhance conceptual understanding in SI sessions.
- Use talents to assist in the SI program’s and SCAA’s development
- A faculty recommendation from the class for which you would like to be an SI Leader
- Completion of the class for which you are applying with at least a B+
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0, subject matter tutored of at least a 3.3
- Sophomore, junior, or senior class standing
- A developing knowledge of tutoring approaches and an awareness of content resource materials
- An ability to interact effectively with diverse populations in individual or group settings
- An interest in taking GS4010: Approaches to Tutoring for Learning (Winter Quarter)
- A completed application (attached).
Pay Rates and Other Perks:
- SI Leaders are paid $13.00 an hour.
- SI Leaders are paid for all activities outlined in the “PLUS Leader Responsibilities” section.
- SI Leaders who complete all their training requirements will receive a College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) Internationally Certified Level One Tutor credential
- SI Leaders become a part of the SCAA Learning Community, a group of passionate and fun peers, and are invited to several SCAA social activities.