The SCAA offers 3 different opportunities to help you prepare for the Writing Skills Test (WST):
1The WST Boot Camp: In this invite only program, selected students will engage in a 2-day “boot camp” that offers writing strategies, a practice exam, a free analytical reading and, upon successful completion, a WST fee waiver.
2One-Time WST Workshops: This one-time workshop covers the content of the WST and writing strategies. The Winter 2017 WST workshop dates are as follows – you must sign up for these workshops by coming to the SCAA or calling our reception desk:
- Wed. 1/11, 10am – 11am @ LI 3040
- Tues 1/24, 11:30am – 12:30pm @ LI 2126 Biella Room
- Tues 2/14, 11:30am – 12:30pm @ LI 2126 Biella Room
- Wed. 2/15, 1:15pm – 2:15pm @ LI 3040
3Online WST Workshop: This is an online version of our one-time WST Workshops that covers the content of the WST and Writing Strategies.
- ENGL 3000 & 3001 1st Tier Portfolio Rubric (how your portfolio will be evaluated)
- WST Rubric (how the Writing Skills Test essay is evaluated)
- WST Sample Essay Topics
- Frequently Asked Questions about the WST
- Information from the Testing Office about the WST
If you have any questions, please contact the WST Preparation Workshops Coordinator, June Barber-Mertens at email@example.com or call 510-885-4511.