Holds and Recalls
Library users may initiate a hold to request one or more currently checked out books. Holds can be placed online by selecting the Request Item button in Haystac, or at the Circulation Desk. The original borrower is then notified by phone and email that his/her books are now recalled for another Library user.
Once the requested items are returned, a pick-up notice is emailed and the books are held at the Circulation Desk for 10 days before they are re-shelved.
Another option for requesting unavailable materials is Interlibrary Loan.
What happens when a book I have checked out is recalled?
The Circulation Desk will send an e-mail and also call you with the following information:
- The book’s due date.
- The book has become unrenewable.
- After the due date, there will be a $2.00 overdue recall fee per day with no limit.
Remember: Important Information
- Keep your email and telephone information current by notifying the Circulation Desk or by filling out a change of information form which can be obtained from the Enrollment Information Center (EIC) in the lobby of the Student Administration Building.
- Renewed books have their current due date cancelled and are given a shortened due date.
- Overdue recalled books will block you from checking out further materials.
- Books recalled for Media Resources and Reserves will cancel your regular loan period.